Friday, February 10, 2006

last (crazy) night

drinks at the h-club, followed by a hot cup of lemon zinger tea and an im conversation with a coworker. not sure which of the aforementioned is to blame for this, but i had 2 really vivid, work-related bad dreams last night and couldn't sleep between 4 and 6 am. it was weird. the dreams - in no particular order - were:

1) getting fired. pretty standard theme, but very strange details. first of all, my office (of course) wasn't my office, and i worked for a different company (posh's company, it just so happens). first, the powers that be fired our evp, and then me. but the way that they did it was by having my officemate approach me and hand me a tiny picture of myself. i remember being relieved that at least it was a good picture of me. and i was comforted knowing that my new friend mike - the old man i chatted up at the h-club - would get me a new job.

2) oversleeping. also pretty standard theme, but in life when you oversleep, the staff of your office doesn't usually come to your apartment - which, of course, wasn't actually my apartment - to get you. and bring a bunch of rowdy children. odd that this one followed the one about getting fired. it didn't occur to me that i shouldn't have to go to work after i've been fired, but then again i'm not so bright.

i woke up many times before my alarm clock actually went off, and had to check each time to make sure that i was 1) still employed and 2) not late for work, yet. then, during breakfast, saved by the bell: wedding in las vegas was on!

looks like it's going to be an ok day after all.

No comments: