Friday, January 13, 2006

oy.

dinner with friends last night at joshua tree = excellent.

but oh, where did my alcohol tolerance go?

roughly 3 drinks down (with dinner, mind you) and i was down for the count. now, this may not sound remarkable to you, but bear in mind that i normally have the tolerance of a mid-sized pro football player.

miraculously dragged myself to work this morning (with some assistance from the lovely folks over at the mta) and was delighted to find an assload of diet coke and equal had been delivered to the office - two very important commodities in my life that we had been lacking for weeks. what can i say? i loves me some aspartame.

this weekend, i am super pumped to announce, the wife and i will be journeying to old boston to attend the engagement (gasp!) party of pauline, one of my/our dearest childhood friends. absolutely psyched out of my mind to see so many people i haven't seen in so very long, and to get to know the groom-to-be a little better and maybe strike a little healthy fear into his heart (hey, it's what i do best).

1 comment:

Ticonderoga2000 said...

Did she lose enough to get into the dress?