Sunday, December 04, 2005

another interesting night in the world of adulthood

...so to speak. so, i guess i should start with a question: does this guy look engaged to you?

no? he didn't to me neither. nor did he say he was engaged. nor did he imply that he was engaged, when he was relentlessly hitting on me and my friend amy (shout out: amy!), buying me drinks, and (yes, it's true) kissing me. as it turns out, however, he is in fact engaged. and not to that woman (catherine zeta-jones or me? who can tell?).

here's the thing i don't get. i always felt that the engagement would be the one phase of a relationship in which men are least likely to cheat, no? i mean, you shouldn't propose marriage if you don't want to be faithful, and you aren't married yet so you don't have that whole "stale relationship" excuse. i mean, seriously, kids. what the deal?

(side note: if you know this man, explain to him why his behavior is unacceptable. and suggest to his fiancee that she leave him. i think his name was steve.)

No comments: