Thursday, December 22, 2005

i just like smiling. smiling's my favorite.

the transit strike is (almost) adversely affecting me. two of my most important friends (almost) didn't make it to my place last night for our festive evening of ridiculosity. fortunately, i finally hit upon the right combination of threats and bribes and they sucked it up and came.

it was one of those evenings when you get too wrapped up in each stage of what you're doing that you lose track of time and, before you know it, it's really late. we warmed up with some hot chocolate with bailey's and a few bottles of white. we dined on my absolutely-homemade, definitely-not-frozen, totally-from-scratch eggplant parm and spinach, followed by the peanut-butteriest, doughiest snickers cookies you'll ever have and a festive screening of Elf. on the way out, all our transit-stricken pals got a pack of homemade truffles and a jar of our pumpkin butter to take home (patsy, not to worry, we're saving one of each for you; poshua, you suck and get nothing). all told, a cozy time with cozy people, that made me glad my friends can be so easily lured in with the promise of baked goods.

No comments: