Friday, November 18, 2005

good lord, it's true

apparently, that jason lewis-lindsay lohan story actually happened. i stand corrected. i mean, i'm sitting. but you get the idea.

the real jason lewis heard the story the same way i did (from gawker), and calls the imposter a creep, or a jerk, or something. i kinda wish he had commended him instead. that would have been supercool.

and, in case you don't want to actually read the article, kanye west hates homos:
Kanye West still wrestles with 'my own homophobia'


Kanye West claimed President Bush "doesn't care about black people" in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in September.

But West himself is grappling with his own fear of gay people.

"I'm still trying to get over my own homophobia," West says in King magazine, which names him its Man of the Year in the upcoming issue. "I still wouldn't feel comfortable at a gay bar. I wouldn't go to a gay parade. I don't know if I'm in favor of gay marriage or not."

West goes on: "People said to me, 'Were you scared of speaking out against George Bush?' No. The bravest thing I did this year was speaking out against homophobia. That's a scarier topic, because if you bring it up, people think you must be gay. But you don't have to be gay to not gay-bash. We're a very close-minded people."

West recalls freestyling with another rapper in front of a gay person years ago "and we started rhyming about beating up gays right in front of him. .. People always say, 'Kanye's conscious, Kanye's conscious' - well, my conscience kicked in, and it said, 'Yo, that was kinda wack.' "
well, at least he acknowledges that it's kinda wack. there is more to this piece, if you're wondering, but i thought i'd spare you.

No comments: