Friday, November 18, 2005

last night...

was enchilada night chez nous! i learned: that i'm good at cooking, but i suck at life. i am typing this with some difficulty, as i have two bandaids covering two slices i delivered to two of my most important fingers (left index and right thumb), and a visible burn on my left hand. i guess i should have made the margaritas after cooking.

but dinner was great, with from-scratch peanut butter-oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies (by request from patsy), frozen margaritas, and crack chips with bean dip. i'm still salivating.

after dinner, maggie and i went to a party thrown by some guy i never knew in school and still probably couldn't pick out of a lineup. there were many other people there, almost all of whom i had never laid eyes on before, probably because they seemed completely uninterested in the existence of anyone outside of the porc or the bee. oh well. in lieu of interacting with people, i made myself many drinks (hmmm... maybe that life expectancy thing was right about me...) and ended up chatting with some guy who hates poor people, and some dude who told maggie (essentially) that her job is stupid (it's not). all in all, a fun crowd.

due to a ripping hangover, i opted to skip my run this morning and instead stick my head in vise. or at least, that's what it feels like now. i think i'm going to have to choose between my marathon and my alcoholism. this is going to be really tough.

2 comments:

Ticonderoga2000 said...

Combine the two.

Be the first person to run the NY marathon drunk.

I like your blog.

julie said...

great idea! although, i doubt i'd really be the first.