Wednesday, November 30, 2005

it's never too late to be thankful, right?

by the light of patsy's shining example, i have compiled a list of the things for which i am thankful. and to those of you who say, "thanksgiving was last week, bitch," i'd be very thankful if you'd kiss my ass. here goes:

this year, i am particularly thankful for:

  • my team of lovable sidekicks, including, but not limited to, my wife (the most stable relationship i've ever had), patsy, maggie and the rest of the happy hour mafia

  • my perpetually chipper doormen, especially joe, whom i overheard telling aric that he thinks i look like catherine zeta-jones. aric disagreed. i like him anyway.
  • the fake wall that allows me to be naked in my room and not in the living room

  • songs with which i have happy associations, such as "new york city" (by tmbg), "hey julie" (by fountains of wayne), and the golden girls theme song

  • a very well-stocked kitchen and our surprising culinary skills

  • the extreme geographic displacement between me and most of my exes

  • all forms of edible raw fish, and wasabi

  • the concerned, lawsuit-averse management of kemia bar

  • a job that allows me to spend several hours a day blogging

  • you, my loyal readers. without you, i wouldn't have already made a cool 91 cents from my fabulous ad revenue. (feel free to click those, by the way. maybe i can eventually make this my full-time job...)
  • No comments: